The Buy Better Together Challenge is an exciting initiative by Co-operatives UK and BIS to inspire new models of community buying, stimulate enterprise and promote shared learning. A £60,000 pot will go towards training, mentoring and seed funding for stand out projects, including £15,000 for the overall winner”. The awrds were handed out on November 26th.
Remedy was priveliged to have been asked to mentor one of the 7 shortlisted organisation out of 110 applications. The mentoring focus was to help the mentee to weigh up situations, through a process of reflection, questions, challenge and feedback allowing the mentee to come to a decision themselves. As mentors we :
- Provide an outside perspective on both the business owner and their business
- Listen, confidentially, to the things that are worrying the business owner about their business
- Help by sharing their own experience of both failures and successes
- Give friendly, unbiased support and guidance
- Provide honest and constructive feedback
- Be a sounding board for ideas
- Facilitate decision making by suggesting alternatives based on personal experience
- Provide contacts and networks to further personal and business development
- Inspire the business owner to realise their potential
- Provide ongoing support and encouragement.
Follow this link to see the BIS press release.
Follow this link to hear Ian Perry’s interview by BIS.